1999 sebring conv,

I’v had my car in 4 different dealerships for air conditioner. thay have all charged an arm and leg and the air conditioner works for a while then quits getting cool. the air still blows but is hot air. my son put gages on it and did not get a reading. I bought this car for my 80th birthday… just wish someone would be honest with an old lady.

You obviously have a leak and the dealers do not seem to find it or do not have the interest to find it. It is obvious they just want to charge you for adding “freon” and just let it leak out.

I would take it to an independent airconditioner shop and have them fix it. Dealers are much more expensive.

my son said he checked for leaks the compresser is not turning

That is another problem then. I don’t know much of the electrical system of you car but it may have a bad relay, bad pressure sensor or even a bad control switch.

A pressure valve prevents the compressor from engaging. The freon is low (again) A decent shop will find the leak and repair it.

This car does not have a low presser switch,any ideas how to get freon in it to check for leaks