1998 ml320

Hi,

My car is 145k millage and recently seems there is a transmission problem. Last time service by MB was @132K and everything was fine. Two months ago some parts was repaired by my mechanic (ignition coil and air mass Flow).

Now when car is in forward gear to move,is either not moving or very slowly and sometimes when I speed down to trun on the street, it goes to neutral and car stops right there.

I would like to ask you, what is the best solution and should i check it ONLY with MB dealer?

Your description is not very …well, descriptive. So no one can give you a solution. When the car is moving only very slowly is the engine revving up really high - i.e. you press on the gas, the engine revs up but the car doesn’t respond? What happens after is “goes to neutral”? Do you shut it down & have it towed? Wait a minute & it goes again, or what? Did all of this come on suddenly or gradually over time?

Anyway…you can take this to your regular mechanic rather than the dealer. The very first thing to do is check the transmission fluid level. I would be betting that you have sprung a decent leak and that your fluid level is now so low that the trans can’t create pressure - of course, that’s if you’re lucky. In either case, your mechanic should be able to look/drive/advise. Do not keep driving it this way or you might take a small problem and make it a really big one.