Hey everyone! I live in Guam and I’ve got a 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE (Standard). Recently, my car decided to stop starting. Here are some of the symptoms:
- If I would go down a hill and come to a stop, or even if I was slowing down to come to a stop at a stop sign or light, my car would turn off over 50% of the time. It would usually always start back up, until last week. My car turned off as I was slowing down to turn into the mall. I was able to coast into the parking lot.
- When I turn the key it clicks and makes a “rrrrrr” “rrrrrrr” sound.
- I was able to get the car started once after I pumped the gas so I don’t think it’s a fuel pump issue.
- The automatic windows, lights, and radio still work so I’m ruling out a battery or alternator issue either.
- My car couldn’t be jumped or push-started.
I’ve heard from several people that it could be my started or my solenoid? If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!