1997 Acura 2.2 CL PULLS HARD RIGHT AND SHAKING STEERING WHEEL!

I am taking my car in for the pulling very hard right issue, and want to get some input about this. It started a few weeks ago, and I can’t really recall any specific incident. From what I’ve read here, it sounds like it might be a brake problem. How much should I expect to pay for brakes for this car? And do all the brakes need to be replaced, or just the one(s) causing the problems? There was a complete brake job: Front pads, front rotors, front wheel bearings; and rear pads, rotors, and rear brake calipers: done in 2004

The problem may not be the brakes.

How many miles put on since the brakes were serviced?

What is the vehicle mileage now?

Any recent work done to the vehicle?

I have put 44,000 on since the brakes were done in '04, when it had 90,000 miles on it, so I’ve got approximately 134,000 on it now. Only recent work was some EGR cleaning of engine this past March. At that time I was told that the tires should be replaced, and they suggested H-class Bridgestone tires, 4 for $650. Not sure I need to spend that much, so I am researching types and prices. I live in Seattle, so we’ve got wet roads for about 7 months of year, and the rare snowfall (which I won’t drive in anyways!) so all-season, but I won’t need snow tires.

Could be brakes, could be suspension, could be tires, could be a combination. There is a known ball joint problem with this car. I had to have one replaced at only 60K miles.

You say it pulls right, but you don’t say under what conditions it pulls right. Does it pull while braking, while accelerating, or when?

I just put a set of tires on my '97 2.2 CL. I bought Bridgestone Turanza Serenity with a speed rating of H (approximately $650 for four tires and a fresh alignment). They are EXCELLENT on wet roads, which is one of the main reasons I bought them. They’re not cheap, but they’re good tires, and I expect them to last a long time.

Tell the mechanic the symptoms as clearly as you can and let him do the diagnosis. To do otherwise is folly.

Nothing done 6 years ago should be assumed to still be good. All possibilities should be looked at. Any competant mechanic will do so. And there’s an excellent possibility that he’ll be able to tell exactly what the problem is almost immediately…one peek at the brakes, or one try at spinning the wheel by hand, may just tell him exactly what’s wrong.