1996 GEO Prism

My prism has suddenly taken to not starting every 4 to 5 days. It sounds like it wants to to start it just wont turn over…I took it to have tested, and they said battery, plugs, and alternator was fine…

I guess you mean it turns over but doesn’t start. Did you try pushing the pedal down when it is turning over? If you did and it didn’t, it may need an igniter for enough money to shock you. It may have other problems which you may eventually find out about. Usually, they won’t diagnose an igniter until the thing won’t start at all.

Sometimes, “fine” isn’t quite good enough. There are so many things which have to be “just so” that if one part, or condition, varies a bit, the engine won’t start. The fuel spray has to be “just so”. The air flow has to be “just so”. The spark has to be “just so”.
The spark plugs should be fairly new. The air filter should be recent. A fuel system cleaner (Techron, Sea Foam, etc.) added to the gas tank, can in help in getting a good spray from the fuel injectors. The fuel filter should have been changed less than 50,000 miles ago.
Do these inexpensive things (plus, whatever scheduled maintenance is due), and you could notice a difference. There are too many variables to be able to give a “guaranty”.