1995 Taurus won't start in fog

My 1995 Ford Taurus wagon has just developed a starting problem. When the air is damp and foggy, it will just crank but won’t start. It has 177,000 miles on it and has always started right up. What could be causing this new problem?

This problem is usually caused when the secondary ignition components become worn out. These include the distributor cap, rotor, coil, spark plug wires, and spark plugs. So if you can’t remember or don’t know when last time these components were serviced they’re probably due to be replaced.

Or in other words, the engine needs a complete tune-up.

Tester

+1 for Tester. Spark plug wires on Ford products have a tendency to fail quite frequently.

I’ve never had a problem with the plugs, wires, cap or rotor on my wagon … usually its associated with the ignition coil. Take it out or have someone take it out and test it. There are places where it can be tested. Some auto parts stores and garages can do that, but you have to call to make sure that there is someone there that knows how to do that and has the technology to check it.
As for replacing the plugs and wires and other things - refer to your automotive manual in the glove box for when they are due to be changed. All your maintenance information is there. If you do not have one, you can still get them. I found this link on Amazon to get them from $5: http://www.amazon.com/1995-Ford-Taurus-Owners-Manual/dp/B000NEGFKC .