1995 ranger check gage light

I have a 1995 ford ranger and as I was driving today, the check gage light came on, I did notice the temp gauge began moving between cold and warm. Do I need to get it checked out and what could be the problem

you need to get the check engine light trouble codes read. how many miles? how long since last tune up/engine work? any other info?

you can take it to autozone or pep boys and they should be able to read the codes. DONT just get the codes and paraphrase what the autozone guy tells you they are. write down the actual code numbers! get the codes, code numbers and the actual code reading and post the info back here.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code not just their translation into English and post it back here.

Joe & Cappy:
The Check Gauges light has nothing to do with the check engine light.

Ferqsc:
You mentioned the temperature reading but how about the other gauges? What was the oil pressure, Alt, gas gauge?
~Michael