1995 Honda Accord Sdn - Tires are 16

I have a 1995 Honda Accord wagon, 128,000 miles, 16-year-old tires. Do I have to worry that my tires are going to split apart one of these days? The car is in excellent condition otherwise. I am a member of the Old Ladies Club!

Your tires are at least 10 years past replacement. And yes they are dangerous . It might also be worth well to have this vehicle looked at by an independent shop for other things it might need . Do not use one of the chain type facilities .

1 Like

Oh, my gosh those tires need to be replaced. They get harder and lose traction as they age. These must be like driving on ice when wet!

At present, I’m driving in town only and not on the freeway, just in case. Actually, I’m planning on buying a new car in the very near future. I’ve been waiting 24 years for Honda to make another station wagon! Well, I guess I’m out of luck. I want to be able to have a good view all around, and not have thick rear pillars between me and the world. I have some knowledge about cars from the professional auto classes I took (OK, so it was 35 years ago), so I don’t panic if something happens .Fortunately, I haven’t had many problems since I bought the car in 1995, so I’m a Honda fanatic.

Thank you for replying so fast. I appreciate your input.

1 Like