1995 Chevy C1500 Silverado air conditioning blower stops blowing air while driving

Hello,

I have a 1995 Chevy C1500 Silverado. The blower and heater work great when I start driving. After about 20 minutes of driving on high blower speed, the strength of air blowing out reduces drastically and eventually no air is blowing out of the vents. I can still hear that the blower is blowing air, but there is no air coming out of the vent. The Midas repair shop I frequent couldn’t reproduce the issue on their short test drive (of course). They told me to bring it back to them whenever the problem occurs. I haven’t had the opportunity because by the time I get out of work, they are closed and I am freezing to death every morning.

Sounds like your blend door may be malfunctioning…Not sure if your system is vacuum actuated…if it is…then you have some vacuum diagnosing to do…not usually fun but its easy enough.

I am thinking that the door that directs air either up to the dash…down to your feet…or elsewhere…is malfunctioning and perhaps getting stuck in an “in between” position… See if when the blower is still on…that the air is not coming out of an area you are not expecting it to…like the floor or somewhere…if it is…then its that valve like door in your vent system…not being in the right place at the right time.

Blackbird