1994 Ford Ranger brake line replacemnet

ford
ranger

How do you remove the “bad” brake line from the line that leads to the master cylinder from the front passenger side? There is a folded metal place holder that holds/attaches the lines to the top of the wheel well that seemingly is meant to never be removed! I realize the replacement line I purchased is made to withstand vacuumed pressure within the line. Please help!

“I realize the replacement line I purchased is made to withstand vacuumed pressure within the line.”

Please explain, as I don’t understand what you are referring to. Many times, with an older vehicle with a job like this, the old fluid line doesn’t necessarily need to be removed. Just make sure the new one won’t get pinched or chafed by anything. I usually make my own replacement brake/fuel lines with a flaring tool and a 25’ roll of tubing. Just cut it to length, apply new fittings, flare it, and install it.

I’m lost. Are you replacing the metal line that runs from the right front wheel well to the proportioning valve or the rubber hose from the caliper to the metal brake line?

Make that DOUBLE FLARE and install…