1994 Chevy Silverado pick-up Truck

"94 Chevy Silverado Pick-up truck, Half ton, 2-wheel drive, 5.7 li V-8 Throttle body injection (T.B.I)with 80,000 miles, well maintained. When accelerating from a stop, it hesitates, sputters and makes popping sound, but is OK when cruising 45-55 mph. Problem worse when truck is hot.

I have replaced Gas filter, filled up gas tank several times and put STP gas treatment. I also replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and checked timing for play—seems okay. I need help to figure this out.

Perhaps check for any vacuum leaks, including around the intake manifold and air intake.

Simply because I have replaced so many GM fuel pumps I would check it out

You could try changing the throttle position sensor. When that doesn’t work, you might be better off taking it to the shop.

A vacuum gage would be a good tool here. You may have a flakey lifter. The vacuum gage will be a good tool to check for that vacuum leak too.

A fuel pressure test kit would be good too. You can check both the pump output pressure and the regulator with that.

The TPS output can be read while manually operating the linkage. While it doesn;t sound like a TPS to me, hey, I could be wrong!

This probably sounds crazy, but check the catilitic converter for blockage. I had a similar issue and thought it was the engine but it turned out it was a blocked catilitic converter.