1993 4Runner vs 2011 Mazda3 Hatch

just to reiterate it was a P0043 code that he showed.

@jordanethan609_175234 I just looked up that code. There is no way I would take a chance on this vehicle .

P0043; Downstream oxygen sensor heater failure, should be an easy fix.

If it is a easy fix Nevada and I would take your word for it why doesn’t the used dealer lot fix instead of reducing price by 450.00 ?

Make sure that Virginia will register it without emissions certification. If not, then insist that the dealer fix it first.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that code is either going to mean he’d have to replace the oxygen sensor, the wiring to it, or the computer, right?

My thinking is, if it happens to have a new O2 sensor already and the code is still there, I’d pass on buying it. If the O2 sensor doesn’t look like it’s ever been replaced, I’d take the $450 gamble.

I suspect the heating element in the sensor has expired. There could be wiring damage, computer failure is unlikely.

What people are trying to tell you is that if the CEL fix was that easy ie replace a $100 Dollar sensor, the seller would already have done it. Chances are, they changed the sensor, the code came back right away and now they know it is going to take more work to figure it out. Here is where you come in with your deep pocket :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well when I was there he explained to me that they had just got did the motor mount or something and that when that happened it’s possible it could’ve came unplugged or damaged or something when it happened. I’m basically an idiot when it comes to cars so don’t ask me, but that’s why I had my mechanic brother check it out for me. The $450 wasn’t just for that he said my brother just seemed like a good man and was negotiating every single thing so he did that. He even held it for me when a bunch of people were checking it out willing to pay full price so if he really just wanted the most money for something that was going to die I would assume he would’ve just sold it to someone else.

Probably the worst cars ever.

or maybe he just said other people were interested and willing to pay full price. in the real world money talks and BS walks. why would he hold it for you not knowing if you were 100 % going to buy it, if he had other people who wanted it and were going to pay full price/ think about it. everyone here is trying to help you [ TOTAL STRANGERS] but you dont seem to want to listen. keep looking. if it was a easy fix the deal would have fixed it, instead of having customers thinking there was a problem with the vehicle.

3 Likes

I have a bridge for sale but I will sell it to you when ever you are ready .

4 Likes

Okay obviously you don’t understand. First off people are telling me two different things that it’s an easy fix or that I don’t know if it’s something else but I gave them the code and they tell me it should be an easy fix. I bought it already. I’m dumb but I’m not an idiot I didn’t take his word for it. My brother checked it out yesterday and he had my brother call him if I was sure I wanted to buy it. As I was buying it in the process literally two people called him about it and a family pulled up and literally sat in it as I was paying for it and he turned away someone earlier that morning. I’m not oblivious to things dealers do.

Y’all can go ahead and stop acting like I’m an idiot to seller tactics. I only mentioned that because I witnessed proof of it. Didn’t think I was gonna get dragged for mentioning that sheesh

It could be an easy fix (replace oxygen sensor), or it could get a little more involved (wiring to the sensor is pinched or broken), or it could get ugly if the computer has issues (least likely).

Maybe the dealer didn’t have time to fool with it and had $450 wiggle room. It’s not unheard of for them to sell a vehicle for less than they’re asking even if it doesn’t have any issues.

Either way, good luck with it. I hope it’s just the sensor. Let us know what you find if some of the other posters with bridges for sale didn’t run you off :wink:

To prepare an old car like this for retail sale would likely require more than just an oxygen sensor. The price reduction represents other repair needs besides the sensor.

Thank you for this response because that was totally unnecessary. I don’t need to be treated like an idiot I’m pretty sure almost everyone here knows the seller tactics. I will definitely keep this topic posted on once I get around to messing with it.

@jordanethan609_175234 I suggest you look for consensus of advice in replies you have gotten here.

Please understand that multiple knowledgable, experienced individuals have replied with their advice based on the information you have provided.

As you find both in person with people and in cyberspace like on this forum, you will receive some variety of advice and opinions. In the case of replies you have received here, no one can give you absolute answers because no one here has the ability to physically hands on run through a complete diagnostic examination and testing of this vehicle you are asking about. They can only supply information, advice, and opinions based on their individual particular knowledge and experience.

Apparently you are seeking additional, second opinions beyond what the seller claims and what your mechanic brother is advising. You are receiving those opinions.

I mean no disrespect to you but you need to understand that you are posting comments that strongly come across as “yes, but!” validation seeking.

Again, I suggest you look for consensus of advice in replies you have gotten here.

3 Likes

I completely understand what everyone is saying but most of the initial comments were said before I told them about the actual code. I know damn well it’s possible it’s not just o2 sensor and I’m not in denial about that possibility.

You were given courteous treatment and have chosen to respond with profanity.

Again, no one in cyberspace can give you an absolute answer about the car, profanely hostile or otherwise.

3 Likes