1992 Paseo belt squeal hard to track down - much details inside

I’d stay friends with that buddy of yours . . . why not?

But I’d draw the line at actually helping him or his kid, for now at least.

The help aspect of this friendship seems a little one-sided, in my opinion

On the other hand, if they actually provide a LOT of help on your next project or repair, I’d consider it even steven.

Your friend sounds like he’s not a tough guy, and possibly a whiner. One of my colleagues is in his mid-sixties and a cancer survivor. He used to be big strapping guy, strong as an ox. Now he’s literally a skinny old man. He is literally a shadow of himself. But he still comes in every day and gives it his all. In fact, he’s always willing to help anybody, even if it’s a physically demanding job. As you said, mindset is the key :smirk_cat:

My buddies a tough old son of a gun LOL
Still friends of course!
It’ll be good

I’m glad you think he’s a tough mother

But why isn’t he helping you . . . ?

In my book, being tough also includes helping your friends and colleagues . . . ESPECIALLY if you owe it to them

And it also includes no hesitation and excuses, when your friends ask for help, especially if you owe it to them, as in the case you described

It would be a good value for your friend to instill on his son . . . fulfill your obligations, with no excuses

I’m also speaking from personal experiences

There are people I’ll help, no questions asked, any time.

And there are people I’ll wave and say hello to, I’ll shake their hands, but I won’t help them. Because it’s been a one-way street too many times, and it’s just too stressful for me to get into those situations again. To their credit, they seem to understand and no longer ask me for help and/or favors

Busy. This n’ That…
I agree - help should have been rendered as agreed.
And I’ll keep things in mind next time I’m called upon.
But ultimately - they’re good people.

-Mark

1 Like