1992 Oldsmobile Bravada - Stalls after 5 to 30 min

Car stalls out after running for 5 minutes or may run for 30 minutes then chug and stall out.

Not enough info to diagnose. If you are going to do your own work, post back with lots more info. If you are not going to fix it yourself, find a good independant shop and tell them everything about the condition.

My guess would be a bad fuel pump but more info would certainly help.

A faulty ignition control module will cause stalling after the engine has run for a while.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/oldsmobile,1992,bravada,4.3l+v6,1216998,ignition,ignition+control+module+(icm),7172

Tester

Yeah good luck. Listen to Tester though. If you can check for spark and/or fuel pressure when it stalls, that would help pin point it to an electrical or fuel problem. I had the same problem with my Riviera and sorry to say never did figure it out. I’d take it out with a test light plugged in and a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield and in about 3-4 miles it would stall. No codes, fuel pressure ok, still had spark, etc. Would start right up again for a few miles and stall. I replaced a lot of stuff (ignition switch, computer, coil, module, several sensors, crank sensor, cleaned grounds, etc.) After 520,000 miles I gave up and traded. Happy ever since. The car is now a washing machine.

First step is a proper tune-up. Spark plugs, spark plug wires, dizzy rotor & cap, engine air filter, battery and charging system test, test the idle air control gadget, verify proper idle rpm and ignition timing, and compression test. I expect you’ll find what’s wrong as you go down that path. I have a similar era Corolla and that’s where I’d start.