1992 Dodge Grand Caravan

I have a 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan LE. The van was jerking and not picking up speed the way it use to. Then if I pushed down on the gas pedel the car would make a popping sound from underneath. I changed the plugs and wires because it was due for it.

Which engine does it have? The four cylinder or 3.0 MitsuMotor V6 have timing belts and a distributor, so it could be timing related on those motors. Try to elaborate more. The more info we have, the better we can help you.

It’s a 3.3 V6. The van jerks and balks at times. If I try to pick up speed it will pop underneath. Once it warms up it drives fine. It’s especially bad when it rains or if I don’t let it warm up enough on cool days. Kind of reminds me of my youngest daughter on rainy days, cranky. I know it’s kind of old but it’s all I have right now until I can save up enough to get another vehicle. Sometimes it smells like something is burning but it’s not rubber and not really an oil smell. I was thinking catalytic converter but I’m not sure.