1990 Ford F-150 turns over but won’t start

turn over , but no start issues

are you getting spark? fuel? have any codes/

WW above is spot on. First check for diagnostic codes. If none, then my first guess would be a spark problem. You might be able to use a spare spark plug to check for visible spark during cranking.

I had the same problem on an older (than yours) Ford truck. I did the spark test and it sparked ok, but produced an orange-ish spark. I decided the orange-ish spark wasn’t the problem so proceeded to check for fuel to the carb, and fuel in the carb bowl. Both tested ok. Turned out the orange-ish spark was the problem, caused by some oxidation on the points contact surfaces. The points actually looked new by appearance, but when I measured their resistance, 10 ohm. 10 ohms is no good. I used some emery paper to clean the points , started right up. To make this more challenging, it all occurred in a Home Depot parking lot. I had to go into the store several times to buy the tools I needed … lol …

A bad ignition control module can cause that.

And here’s how to pull codes from your OBDI Ford.

https://straighttalkautomotive.com/OBD1/ford-OBD-I.html

But if the Check Engine ain’t on?

Good luck!

Tester

Can you hear the fuel pump when key is turned on?

It’s near impossible to even make a half accurate guess when no one knows what is missing; spark, fuel pressure, or injector pulse. Not likely the latter…

The injection and ignition system on these cars is dirt simple so sorting it out should be easy.