1989 S-10 Blazer Died While Idling

Hey. If anyone could help me to know what is going on that would be really cool.

I’m a little more worried because yesterday she died while idling at a stop light. It started right back up and that’s great but I’m still a bit worried.

I was hoping anyone could just help me to know what I’m getting into when I get a check up. I don’t have very much money and I’m wondering if I should start to make other transportation plans.

You could have something as simple as a vacuum leak, but if it only did it once let if go for a while. It is porbably nothing.

By the way, I don’t think anybody has much money anymore.

Okay, thanks wizard. I’m still going to get a check up and we’ll see how it goes. I’m glad it doesn’t sound like a serious problem.

Yeah, the economic situation… I’m just hoping I can afford to finish my education relatively soon without much debt.

Since it started right back up, trying to troubleshoot can only lead to parts replacement. If this problem happens again, and the engine will not restart immediately, post back with the conditions that time. We can give you some troubleshooting tips that will guide you in helping the mechanic zero in on the problem.

Is the engine idle smooth at idle? If you can get enough ahead, you might have a tuneup done. Focus on the spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, rotor, cleanliness of the coil, vacuum leaks and fuel filter.