1986 chevy celeb

My mom is saying bo-ya to me because she new it was the fuel filter!! lol i will definatly!!! try ALL of those…i appreciate it

since its fuel injected that means we have to take it in to get it done? or can we do it?

Yep, try the fuel filter first. Sorry for making you run outside. I just happen to be playing with a couple of carbs and thought I had all of the answers. More than once on this post, I have been proven wrong. It is all a learning experience though, guess I was the student instead of the teacher this time.

lol that is ok

Well I can’t answer how much stuff you can do yourself, since I don’t know who’s helping you and what you have for tools. The smartest thing to do would be to go to the local AutoZone or NAPA, or whatever parts store you have in the area, and get a repair manual for your car. This book will give you step-by-step instructions and pictures on how to do maintenance as well as complicated repairs on your car. A fuel filter is probably $10 for this car, and shouldn’t be difficult to replace. Once again though I recommend getting a repair manual for your car.

yeah i read how online from the AutoZone repair thingy and it sound really complicated cuz you have to relieve the fuel system pressure

Not hard, but you just need to have patience and get ready to potentially get a little dirty. The easier project would be to start with the throttle body cleaning and adjustment, but you could actually do everything in a couple of hours.

I agree. You don’t need a fuel pump. You need either a throttle body cleaning or maybe a new Idle Air Control motor.

Tester