1980 MGB Problems

Hello,
I have a 1980 MGB that has been in my garage for quite some time now. It has not been run in a couple of years except for once when I took it out two years ago and it died down the road from my house. I have recently become interested in fixing it up and need some help. I have replaced the battery, cleaned the connectors, changed the oil and gas, and checked the fuses (they are good). However despite these basic fixes and checks when I put the key into the ignition and turn it nothing happens. No lights turn on, the radio doesn’t work, and of course the engine doesn’t even begin to try and turnover. I am not familiar with car wiring so I cannot even tell if that is the problem or if it something else. I want to take it to a mechanic to get it fully working again but I would like to at least get the electrical working on my own to try and save some money. Any hints, tips, or incite would be greatly appreciated with this project.
Thanks,
Thom

Now check the condition of the cables themselves, if they are corroded inside you will feel or hear them crackle when you bend them. Then clean up the connections at the other end of both cables.