1968 VW Beetle starter wont stop

Have fun… That vehicle can be completely disassembled in about 4 hours or so… so no matter what goes wrong…you arent far away from the fix. Gotta love those Bugs.

They are worth money nowadays… STILL hate myself for getting rid of the 3 Karman Ghia convertibles and the one hard top. Most of all regret selling all those damn Busses as well…including the 21 window… Eh Ghad’s man…

As well as the 73’ Porsche 914 2.0 Fuelie I sold 3-4 yrs ago… That’s now worth double what I sold her for… DOH

Some of the Tin we own, drive and sell comes back to haunt us sometimes… I’m sure guys who owned a lot of muscle cars feel the same way.

Blackbird

Lol… I just sold this last fall. It was fun to work on but did not use it much.

My brother graduated from high school in the late 50’s. He got a construction job, and the boss bought a new Cat, a small one but it was usable He learned to operate it.

Over 30 years later, he wanted one for his farm and found that same Cat was for sale in non-operable condition. It took some work and parts to fix, but he got it running and I think still uses it.

NO WAY…that orange thing is AWESOME. Ha… I love this stuff…so many strange vehicles.

Blackbird

It is actually a 1956 Bombardier, it was not much larger than a golf cart but was powered by a big Dodge flat head 6.

"Some of the Tin we own, drive and sell comes back to haunt us sometimes… I’m sure guys who owned a lot of muscle cars feel the same way."
Very true! Hindsight is 20-20!
CSA

I know right ?

Blackbird

What goes around comes around ! In 1984 I purchased a 1976 Austin Mini, I had it until 1990. In 1990 I sold it to a friend of mine (I always regretted selling it), he had it for 25 years and only put under 1000 miles on it and had it sitting in the corner of his garage. In 2015 I told him I wanted my Mini back and I ended up trading him that orange Bombi for it. Always fun getting a car back that you had in your early 20’s !

I love that Bombardier. It’s way cool and then some… :smiley:

Back in the day a guy I knew had an Austin Mini. He would go tooling around on Friday and Saturday nights with about 5 or 6 passengers crammed into that thing. I don’t think there was enough room in there even for oxygen.

Another friend had one of those 3 wheel Cushmans that in a prior life was an ice cream vendor. It had a box on the back with sliding doors on each side. Just for hoots he would take that thing out clubbing on weekends with his younger brother and a couple of other guys stuffed into the box. Needless to say, it wasn’t exactly a meet the chicks wagon but got a lot of laughs.