10k too long to do Lexus 1st oil change?

I stand corrected. I heartedly recommend you buy one.

The oil flowed parallel to the cardboard tube.
When removed, the tight paper roll could be unrolled - I presume the wholength but I never unrolled it very far.
There was no water to dissolve the paper as it is meant to do in the sewage system.

When I checked his dipstick, his oil always looked clear and brand new!

I’ll keep using toilet paper for its intended purpose, thank you very much

Robert, I’d bet my morning muffins that the oil was flowing through the bypass rather than being drawn through the paper. That’s the same functionally as having no filter at all.

Try soaking a roll in oil. Let me know what happens.

"I'll keep using toilet paper for its intended purpose, thank you very much"
I.nstalled this in our house: (How can I do an image?) http://amdmllc.com/?p=299

Yes, I assume under high engine RPM much oil had to bypass through the screw-on or pleated filter canister filter. I could not know what kind of backpressure the tight toilet roll created.

But oil also flowed through the toilet paper roll. Otherwise it would not have “appeared” so clean so long. No knowledge about oil breakdown. This was early 1970s.

"Try soaking a roll in oil. Let me know what happens. "

+1
In fact, just try soaking a roll of TP in boiling water for a few hours, and let us know what happens!

Think about the extremely high temperatures that take place inside an IC engine.
Think about the reality that combustion produces moisture, acids, and other byproducts of combustion–in addition to those extremely high temperatures.

So…apparently all of the car manufacturers in the world are wrong when they choose to use filter media that was designed for filtering extremely high temperature oil that also contains moisture, acids, and other combustion byproducts? If only they realized that a roll of Charmin was superior to that filtering media!

If only all of those vehicle manufacturers were as…enlightened…as Robert and his friend…

Ah, so oil bypassing the TP goes through a regular filter? Now I definitely think you should buy one!

And use Charmin (I have some P&G stock).

^ It was his vehicle/his filter. I was merely a teenager changing his oil and working on his engine and vehicle: tuning, tappet adjustment, spark plugs, new water pump, later new generator, new brake pads, etc., etc.
The toilet paper sheets remained intact with the sheets parallel to each other. No mush.
(This was not Charmin® toilet paper.)

A bidet seat! Yowsa! I discovered them on my trips to Japan. I don’t want one, I want four.

What, exactly, does an Intelliseat DO? I was unable to find out via the link.

A bidet seat! ... I don't want one, I want four.
Yes! Bought ours at Costco. Only obstacle was wiring in a GFI outlet behind the toilet. Also perfect for a nightlight for the water closet. (Naturally, as I was crammed in behind the toilet installing the outlet, a hospital called for an emergent blood platelet transport.)

^ It sprays warm water (adjustable temperature) (adjustable force), select for male back or female front or back. Has its own warm water reservoir and heated seat and blow dryer.
Everyone should have one!
Was thinking of starting my own company:
Bob’s Bidets
You can pay us Tuesday, for a bidet today!

I’ll be darned, they still sell 'em (TP filters, that is):

http://www.frantzoil.com/installation.html

@robert‌gift
Way, way too much information.

Bob, this explains so much.

I'll be darned, they still sell 'em (TP filters, that is):

http://www.frantzoil.com/installation.html

Great! (Sarc) now I can have 2 messy filters to change instead of just 1.

"Great! (Sarc) now I can have 2 messy filters to change instead of just 1."
The toilet paper filter I changed was at the top of the engine, easily accessible. Much easier than the engine oil filter. I recall that the engine filter was not often replaced because the TP filter cleaned the oil so well.

Bob, we’ll await your report. Have you ordered the TP filter yet?

^ Would a TP filter not invalidate the warranty?
I would not know how to install one in today’s engines.