06 Equinox Driveshaft Bearing

I have an 06 Chevy Equinox with 41,000 miles on it. I was told that the Carrier Bearing was bad, causing a vibration at 50 mph. The dealer says “Dealer only part, and it’s on national backorder. Looking at at least a three month wait!!” Are you nuts?? I say to them. They say so sad too bad. What the heck do I drive for three months now???

Anyways, has anyone else experienced this as I have heard that this is a common Equinox problem, and what can I do??? The car only has 41,000 on it, come on Chevy!!!

Thanks.

cloverboy9

National backorder for a carrier bearing? Sounds like you’re not the only one who’s having this problem. Any chance there’s a recall out for this?

Equinox Forum or seek help from source that told you “common”? No TSB or recall,I checked

Well, no recall issued. The dealer told me they had an 07 Equinox with the same problem sitting in their lot for two months now because they can’t get the part. Of course that one probably is still in warranty and would get a rental car. Me, I’m 6 months out of warranty so they don’t feel like they owe me anything.

Sad part is I have 5 months left on my lease, and if I trade it in, I’ll still have to pay for the repair when I don’t even have the vehicle anymore!!!

I have filed a complaint with the NHTSA Office of Defects, but they probably won’t do anything unless enough people complain about the same thing.

It makes me sick…

cloverboy9