04 chevy venture o2 sensor

exactly where is the #1 bank o2 sensor located?? and what is involved to change it?? i had autozone retrieve the code… p0135.

That code says Oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction (upstream sensor)

This sensor is located not far from the exhaust manifold in the exhaust pipe.

The sensor can be tested, so do this first.

IIRC, the o2 sensors are about $40 each.

You can replace it yourself, but use a proper sensor removal tool for removal to avoid breaking it off.

ARRGH! How to edit my own post immediately?

The o2 sensor you want is located in the exhaust manifold and NOT in the exhaust pipe. (I have a Silhouette, same engine)

Since the code is for oxygen sensor CIRCUIT, changing the oxygen sensor may not fix it. What if the oxygen sensor heater isn’t getting power from the ECM?

THANKS. I CRAWLED UNDERNEATH AND FOUND IT ON MANIFOLD TOP DEAD CENTER ABOUT AN INCH BEFORE EXHAUST PIPE FLANGE. IT LOOKS LIKE THE EXHAUST WILL HAVE TO DROP TO GET AT IT. IS THERE A SPECIAL TOOL NEEDED TO REMOVE SENSOR?? THANKS AGAIN.

Like me art12 suggested, check the voltage to the sensor first with a voltage meter.

The book says NOT to remove the permanently attached pigtail and electrical connector.
THEN a few sentences later they say to disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor.?

A sensor tool is a slotted socket you use with a ratchet. The slot is there to avoid damage to the sensor wire. You can buy these at any auto parts store.

The Haynes repair manual (#38036) shows and explains in detail the full procedure. Get this manual as it will pay for itself in no time.
(About $19-$20)

There is too much to type out all of it here.

Don’t forget to use the correctly weight rated jackstands when working under the vehicle.