02 bravada not starting

I have a 02 bravada that will not start, or even attempt to turn over. The battery is new, all the interiopr light are on, headlights work and radio is fine. When turning the key theres nothing though??? What could be causing this???

The starter may be faulty. Try whacking it with a hammer or block of wood. Sometimes this will cause a balky solenoid inside the starter to start working again when you turn the key.

Could also be the ignition switch itself. Or the wiring.

b

Do you have voltmeter, or at the very least a test light?

The first thing I would do is see if the starter solenoid is getting power when you turn the key to start position

Shift the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, there’s a problem with the park/neutral safety switch or transmission range switch.

Tester

btsi switch is new, pulled starter off and took to get checked. gear engaged and checked good.

I’m not talking about the Brake Transmission Switch Interlock, but the park/neutral, transmission range switch on the transmission.

The BTSI switch allows the transmission to be shifted out of park once the brake pedal is depressed.

The park/neutral, transmission range switch prevents the starter from operating unless the transmission is in park or neutral.

Tester

Pro mechanics would do what dB says above, use a volt meter to check for the proper voltages at the starter during attempted cranking. This is usually the quickest way to diagnose what’s causing this problem.

As others have already stated you need to check the safety switch(es) between the ignition switch and the starter solenoid for a problem. Moving the shift lever around in the Park position slightly might correct the problem if the safety switch is slightly out of alignment.