Water in exhaust pipe

with muffler on i can drive to store and back 30 miles no smoke or water on ground a little water on intake manafold go outside next day start up and have a quart of water come out of tilpipe,remove muffler and lose no water.

Turn that long run-on sentence into about five sentences, and work on clarifying the IDEAS you are trying to express, and you might get some responses. As it is, it’s not understandable.

A quart of water cannot come out of the tailpipe in the morning.

Agree that it’s hard for a quart of water to come out of the tail pipe in the morning. Please be more factual!

Having said that, for every quart of gasoline burned, you get one quart of water in the form of water vapor. So, if you made numerous very short trips in the winter in Minnesota, you could accumulate quite a bit of water in your muffler, which could be blown out if you started up the car, raced the engine while sitting in the driveway. But still not a quart.

If you had a badly leaking head gasket you could theoretically get coolant to come out of the tail pipe, but the engine will likely seize before too long with such a leak. Is your coolant level going down as you drive?

Any 30 mile drive will clear out any liquid from the exhaust sytem, unless coolant is leaking in from the engine. Please take the car in and expain the symptoms you your mechanic.

The folks on this forum are trying to give you good advice, based on credible input from you.

God bless you brother for your english lesson

When you burn gasoline, the main result is water in the form of steam that is too hot to be visible.(steam is only visible when it is condensing and you see the liquid water droplets)When this steam hits a cold exhaust system it turns to liquid water, when the exhaust warms some you see a mixture of steam and water that is the white smoke out your exhaust. When the exhaust is fully heated up the steam comes out as all vapor and you no longer see it.

What kind of vehicle? Rocketman

Sorry . . missed that. I don’t really think that the quart you mention is an accurate. It is normal for water to come out of exhaust pipes . . . a quart is a bit much. Why don’t you measure the amount and isolate exactly what conditions lead to this water episode. I personally never noticed it until I was in NYC last Winter and watched this happen to NYC cabs at just about every stoplight. I posted about it here and we discussed it. I was amazed at how much came out, but I wouldn’t think it was a quart. Since then I look once in awhile and notice certain cars with water coming out of their exhausts . . perfectly normal. Rocketman

We are still awaiting for you to tell us what the problem is, using understandable language. How about answering some of the questions, if you want some help with YOUR problem?