"titles" for posters on the new website

Howdy. There are a few issues bound up in the question. One is the carryover of the old badges, which were unique to Car Talk, like Junior Grease Monkey, etc. Vanilla also had its own badges. The issue of “trust levels” has nothing to do with the legitimacy of answers or post count. It’s a feature of Discourse which is supposed to at the low end weed out spam (in order to get to the first trust level, you have to spend a certain amount of time reading, if I remember correctly). The higher end of the trust levels can grant certain privileges to those who reach trust level 3. We haven’t enabled TL3. In fact, we have not fully decided what we’ll do with trust levels, and anybody who had an existing account came over with Basic privileges. As for the long lost Long Lost Magliozzi Brother badges, etc., I know we had discussed bringing them over but I don’t know where they went. (Perhaps they’re still in one of the unpacked boxes from the move. :package: :wink:) Anyway, I’ll see what they say and get back to you with any results.

1 Like