"titles" for posters on the new website

Howdy. There are a few issues bound up in the question. One is the carryover of the old badges, which were unique to Car Talk, like Junior Grease Monkey, etc. Vanilla also had its own badges. The issue of “trust levels” has nothing to do with the legitimacy of answers or post count. It’s a feature of Discourse which is supposed to at the low end weed out spam (in order to get to the first trust level, you have to spend a certain amount of time reading, if I remember correctly). The higher end of the trust levels can grant certain privileges to those who reach trust level 3. We haven’t enabled TL3. In fact, we have not fully decided what we’ll do with trust levels, and anybody who had an existing account came over with Basic privileges. As for the long lost Long Lost Magliozzi Brother badges, etc., I know we had discussed bringing them over but I don’t know where they went. (Perhaps they’re still in one of the unpacked boxes from the move. :package: :wink:) Anyway, I’ll see what they say and get back to you with any results.

1 Like

Thanks for responding, and thanks for the information :sunny:

@Barkydog,I feel the love sign is a bit odd too, but that is what we have and I sent some love your way!

@db4690; Knowing what you do, you are already physically active as opposed to the average American that sits for more than 10 hours a day. Add a 20 minutes of cardio exercise per day and see if it helps, but if you have family history of high cholesterol, chances are not going to see substantial change. Fish oil tablets help the triglyceride.

Now I am curious to see what else is there in the moving boxes.

Ha ha :laughing:

I’m adopted, so I literally don’t know my “family” history

I’ve already taken fish oil tablets for some years now, FWIW

But I’ll definitely have to stop eating those cookies and doughnuts, that are brought into the shop, as a way of saying “Thanks”

I know Tom and Ray always encouraged callers to bring in donuts, to thank their mechanics. But if you think about it, it’s not really doing anybody a favor :person_frowning:

I never knew we had badges.

I know my family history. I wish I were adopted. :zipper_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know my rank either but doubt if I’ll ever make it past Trust Level 1. Personally I think some of the folks should be designated as “elders” or maybe even “Pro Elders” rather than novice elders. Elders are people that should be listened to and respected. I shall not name names.

LOL, perhaps bing, but by the time we become “elders” (old people), I suspect most of us really don’t care what our badge is anyway. I know I’m an old people and I don’t care what my badge is. :+1:

Oh we old people still care. We just can’t remember what our badge is.

We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!

Badges?

4 Likes

Some one had to do this, sooner or later. Thanks.

Is that picture from “Treasure of the Sierra Madre” . . . ?!

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Post must be at least 20 characters.

emoji :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wasn’t alive in 1948 but I had to buy that movie after seeing it on TCM.

Yeah, I also wasn’t alive in 1948, but I actually bought the blu-ray

I’ll have to watch it this upcoming weekend, to see if it is from that movie

I was just barely alive then.

I have to smile reading some of the posts here. I thought everyone posting here is equal. I have never been impressed by forums that give titles or badges to posters. I have seen on some forums posters that have made over twenty-thousand posts…geeh, all I can think of is that they are either retired or in prison and have access to a computer 24 hours a day.

I certainly have never associated a poster with hundreds or thousands of posts as being an expert. I associate an expert (or lucky guesser) by the quality of the comments.

Btw, I have no idea how many posts I made here, but probably less than 2o over a 3-year period.