DTC code: P0705 (PRNDL Input-Engine and ECT), Low Voltage, and other weird stuff

I’ve had a few Napa alternators. Once installed, the warranty takes over. New means brand new, not rebuilt. The only time I could ever exchange it was if it failed according to their test equipment. I had a hard time exchanging one with a flickering voltage regulator but think they finally gave in.

That’s why the last time some years ago I just threw it away and bought delco. Never had a problem with a delco either new or rebuilt.

If they do take it back, they are probably going to want the original box it came in.

Other than some faint scuffing where it mated to the engine block, it looks identical to when I received it. It’s in the box with the warning note and protective cover intact. Worst case, they say no and I have an extra alternator. Fortunately, I have another busted alternator I can turn in for the core refund.

Did you give another car a jump start or get a jump start from another car not too long before noticing these symptoms?

I have done both, but not recently. Last time I received a jump was right before I learned I needed a new battery which was replaced 5 months ago. I’m hoping the fuse just failed from 15 years/250k miles and me turning off/starting the car a lot for work. I did replace the starter last October as well. but I checked on it again and everything is torqued and plugged in.

Was it the fusible link that failed? Or a different fuse?

It was just some random 10 amp fuse under the dash lol

The charging system component of the circuit that fuse protects is probably the culprit. Good for you for figuring which fuse it was. What voltage does the battery measure now with the engine idling? When the engine is off first thing in the AM, after sitting unused overnight?

1 Like

Did that also take care of the P0705 code?? can you see the gear indicator on the dash again??

That is why I always say to check every fuse, not just the ones you think might need to be checked…

Check your back up lights to make sure they are working OK and not the reason for the blown fuse and no water in the lenses…

1 Like

14.1 volts just like it used to :grinning:

1 Like

Yes and yes :+1:

I’m trying to post some pictures, but the website keeps freezing.