Problems with 03 Lincoln LS

Recap of the history:

Nov. 06 - Needed the number 4 coil replaced
at 67,000 miles

Jan. 07 - Needed thermostat replaced just a hair over 74,000 miles

February 07 - Lincoln dealership replaced the throttle control valve.

A couple of days later - Same failure mode. Kept the car for two weeks, then decided it must be the fuel pumps causing a problem despite pressure reading that were all good. Replaced both fuel pumps.

A week later - Same failure mode. Kept the car for two and a half weeks. Decided two more coils were bad. Replaced them and returned my car, confident that this had fixed the problem.

A couple of weeks later - Same failure mode. Now I am well over 75,000 miles, which is key to what Ford will actually do to help me in this situation. Dealership decides that the remaining coils must be problematic as well and replace them. Now ALL six coils have been replaced. I am left wondering if this will solve the problem. Contacted Ford to help with this problem since I am responsible for over a thousand dollars worth of repairs despite having a Ford Extended warranty. Granted I purchased the base care 100,000 mile warranty, but I would have hoped that they would have covered something.

One month later - Same failure mode. Kept car again for a couple of weeks. Replaced the mass air flow sensor. Not really sure why they thought that would fix the problem?

And here I am now - Same failure mode (go figure). Dealer has had the car for over a week now. Decided to go back since they have the history and I have been trying to work with Ford on assistance with the mounting repair bills. They have been on the “hotline” with Ford several times as well as having a Ford Engineer actually troubleshoot my Lincoln LS. They don’t know what is causing the issues. I suspect that there is an electrical surge that shoots through the system and kills the coils. I am no mechanic but it seems like the alternator might cause such a surge.

Now for the kicker. I am done with this car, mentally and physically. However, I am not done financially with it. I still owe $6,400 on the original five year loan. I contacted Ford’s customer care line and asked for assistance. They asked if I wanted to pursue a “buy-back” on the car. I said sure, that is exactly what I want to do. She then asked how may miles I had on the car currently. When I told her 78,000, she calmly explained that the mileage was over the limit for Ford and that there was nothing further they could do for me. And the limit for Ford? She said it was 75,000 miles?!?!?! C’mon now. I have been dealing with this issue since the car had 67,000 miles, and there is nothing Ford can do? I want out of the car but I can’t sell the car to an unsuspecting buyer. I really want Ford to own up to the mechanical problems and take it back. Any ideas or suggestions?