Volvo v70 jerks when slowing down

My 2005 V70 shifts down at the last minute too, and it also revs before kicking into gear when I’m accelerating. It starts about 10 minutes after driving around town or in stop-and-go traffic, then gets steadily worse until it’s been off for a couple hours. I’ve taken it to 3 independent mechanics and 2 Volvo dealerships - all of whom have done everything imaginable, including flushing the transmission. I’ve also had a bunch of diagnostics done, but the check engine light never comes on so no one can tell me exactly what the problem is except that it seems NOT to be a problem with the transmission. Someone finally suggested that it might be the car’s adaptive learning software. There was an upgrade available, but I was told by one dealership not to bother - that it works only about 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time it makes the problem worse. I stuck it out for another year before I finally got so fed up with it that I had the upgrade done. It was better for about 3 days before it started acting up again. In the end a co-worker had the best advise. If it’s the adaptive learning software, then disconnecting the battery should reset the system. That’s the ONLY thing that has worked! Every few days I have to disconnect the battery again (and reset the clock), but it runs much better for a few days before I eventually have to do it again. It sucks, but it works!