2001 Ford Focus Occasionally Stalling; Engine Light On, Steering Wheel & Gas Pedal Lock Up?

As George said, the “engine light” coming on, the loss of he brake boost, and the loss of the power steering assist, are all reactions to the engine stalling. Fix the stalling the the other “problems” will disappear.

It would be a help to know exactly what codes were found at the second event as well as exactly what was checked. If it’s on your copy of the shop order, post the information here,

Based on the symptoms, the age of the vehicle, what’s been replaced already, and my gut instinct of what a tech would usually focus on for a problem like this, I’m going to posit a wild guess that your fuel pump is failing. Most techs won’t check the fuel pump for your symptoms and htey don;t always throw a code.

Another possibility that came to mind, but I’d expect it to store a code, is an EVAP system malfunction that prevents the gas tank from breathing in as the gas is used up, creating a vacuum in the tank that prevents it from pumping freely. I consider this a very low probablility because these systems are so well monitored for vacuum, but I only offer it as a possibility.

Post back with what they find this time.