Katie's leg going numb

I can also relate to Katie’s and some of the other respondents stories. In my case, our 2005 Subaru Forrester is doing a major number on my right hip, also causing some amount of sciatica and gnawing, continuous pain even after relatively short rides (eg commute of 20 miles or less). I’ve had a “car seat” expert tell me that most of the Japanese -made cars, with bucket seats, are an ergonomic nightmare for most folks (obviously there is a wide range of individual variabililty). I’ve tried pillows and other adjustments, but the problem is just getting worse. Don’t need a doctor’s help on this (I’m an RN anyhow, we usually know more than docs!:), just need a new car! Can anyone recommend a model, hopefully in the small to mid-sized SUV range, that would combine best features of the AWD -Subaru Forrester, with my need for a more comfortable seat and hopefully a smoother ride? All suggestions welcome! Oh, and I need to go with a used car too, as I can’t take “new car smells” and seem to do better if the car is a few years old. Thanks for any suggestions! Cheers!