Honda Accord battery life

“4 years is typical if you live in the south…for the north … 7-10 years is normal.” I don’t know Mike, 10 years is a looong time for a car battery to last. I’ve seen it, but it’s definitely not normal.

I got 7 years from my last battery, which is the best I’ve ever done. (I live in the North) And I make a point of turning off high-amp accessories before I reach my destination, and idling my car after startup for a while when it’s cold out–basically I try to make sure I’m putting at least as much in as I’ve taken out if I can.

It’s possible the OP might have gotten a bum battery from the factory, or who knows–maybe someone at the dealer left the lights on and damaged it before he even got it. Definitely if you combine a dinky little battery in the interest of saving space and weight with a lot of high current accessories like heated seats, rear defog, daytime running lights, etc. and you’re not giving the battery a fighting chance.

Weren’t there other postings in the past from people with sub-compact cars like the Honda fit, that were amazed at how the battery would be too low to start the car after listening to the radio for 10 minutes or so while parked?