Help! My car dies while driving and won't start!

“Btw, does anyone know if Daewoo would still cover the recall for the crank shaft/camshaft sensor since there was a recall in 2004??”

Ummmm…I hate to shock you, BoBrae, but Daewoo has not existed as a corporate entity since 2001, when they sold most of their assets to GM, and some other assets to one of the Indian car companies.

For several years, GM was honoring Daewoo warranties, but…your warranty ran out long ago, and GM’s direct involvement with these cars ran out at about the same time that your warranty expired. While recalls technically don’t expire, the complicating factor here is that when GM declared bankruptcy and reorganized, they essentially washed their hands of old obligations, along with a lot of old debts. More than likely, the recall on your car is no longer being honored by GM, but…you could check with a Chevy dealer to see what they have to say about this issue.

Daewoos were never reliable cars when they were new, and as the years go on, they are certainly not aging well. Owning an “orphaned” car that never sold in large numbers to begin with, and that now has very limited parts availability, is not a good situation for the car’s owner. I would strongly suggest that you think about searching for a replacement vehicle, from a company that still sells cars in the US.
(Hint: Don’t buy an Isuzu, a Sterling, or a Peugeot!)