1998 honda civic won't turn over, help?

Lets make sure you know what the term “turn over” means…

When you turn the key to the start position…Do you hear the engine “TURNING OVER”…or are you misusing the term “turn over” FOR START AND OR RUN?

Methinks its the latter…which is why you would have thought about fuel…cause if she doesnt turn over…its electrical…or starter motor related…IF SHE DOESNT START…It could be fueling.

So which is it? It DOES turn over doesnt it…she just wont start and run right?

In that case I would be looking at my main relay…and make sure I hear the fuel pump turn on when I turn the key all the way…Got all your dash lights lit? Many X the main relay will prevent all the normal lights from illuminating and the Fuel pump from running when its on the fritz…

Smack that main relay…its behind your change holder on the drivers side…up under the dash…usually big brown or black relay looking box…unplug it …plug back in…and HIT IT HARD when you turn the key…bet it starts… :slight_smile:

I even wrote an article called “Terms of Endearment” to handle these misconceptions of “Turning over” and etc…it was ignored as usual…It NEEDED to become a “Sticky”…but alas…

Blackbird