Vibration after breaking, but only in drive

I just went out to check, but don’t have time right now to let the car warm up properly. The tachometer, when I am driving, is usually between 300 and 400, sometimes goes to 500- quite different from the 750-900…?? Right now, in idle, it didn’t get up beyond 100, but stayed steady. I will check again later after it is on the road a while.
The vibration seems to be getting louder, and happens now even when I am not driving much (just moved to a different parking spot).
The tune up just included new plugs and plug wires. The transmission was serviced right before New Year’s eve- I guess it was “flushed”. It has been suggested that the transmission “service” could have kicked up something in the transmission.
It has also been suggested that putting in a cv axle (the first one) that was 3/4 - 1 inch too long could have damaged something in the transmission. My mechanic says this could not have happened because the parts fit together well even though the axle was a bit long. He changed the axle to one that fit perfectly and the vibration is still there (louder than ever now- and it seems to be the whole front end that is vibrating).
Thanks for all your suggestions. I hope it’s not the torque!