Honda timing belt replacement

What year Accord? Newer ones have a chain instead. Which engine? The V6 costs more.

The 4 cylinder engine with a belt has a 7 year, 105k interval. In some parts of the country, you can go further but in my area, the mid-south, It would not be a good ideal. The weather here is tough on rubber.

Belts tend to break in cold weather, at least thats been my experience. I’ve only had one break, at just over the time mark, then 4 years, but I’ve seen many others and it always happened on the coldest day of the year. In my case, it was life threatening as it happened out in the middle of nowhere during an ice storm. Luckily, I had a sleeping bag to keep me warm (warm enough to survive anyway) until someone came along and took me to a place where I could call for help.

When I had our 97 Accord’s (4 cyl done in 04) timing belt changed, it was $690 at the dealer and that included the balance shaft belt and the water pump. Oil seals for the crank and cam were a little extra. The Accord needs special tools to change the belt and many mechanics do not understand how to line up the balance shaft, so make sure the mechanic that does this has the tools and the understanding of the balance shaft.