Do you use your phone while you drive?

NO. It’s too dangerous. I’ve been driving 2 hours a day for the past 20 years. It’s pretty scary the things I see nowadays. I wish I had a camcorder to prove to those who say, “Oh! but I can do both and drive fine!” that they really can’t. On the highway, I’ve seen people driving on the shoulder, NOT driving between the lines, holding up traffic in the left line by driving slowly (causing everyone to pass on the right), to say the least. And, the driving between the lines thing? These people could be driving a Geo Metro and not drive between the lines. Worst case scenario: I once saw a young girl doing 80mph and texting. I can’t believe she didn’t hit anyone, as she took up 2 lanes of the road.

I am baffled at the number of people (this includes a large number of elderly people, BTW) who drive chatting on their cell phones during a snowfall (read: not a blizzard). These people are doing 5 miles per hour on local roads when a higher speed could suffice for the conditions. I just don’t believe people taking driving as a serious responsibility, that they could kill someone with their 2+ ton vehicle. I am not a perfect driver–in fact, I was in court for a ticket and met a man who proclaimed, “I got a cell phone ticket, but I need to use the phone for my job.” What did these people do before the 1990s?

I agree, the only thing that may change this is better driver education. Or, maybe, a law that could be termed, “one strike and you’re out.” People are too self-absorbed to worry about other people while driving. I’m sorry, folks, but IMHO a phone call is not necessary to take while driving.