What Is the Quietest Car Sold?

The sound system is important as well as the tires that come with the car in determining the perceived quietness of a car. Winter tires will make it noisier and some cars may do better than others sound wise with them.

At the risk of disagreeing with some of my cartalk buddies, if you can afford $40k for a car, you can get awd and winter tires. It’s not either/or and no one but you can determine your needs. If you live in snow country and want the freedom to drive at any time the potential safety of this feature is well worth it. If you’re retired and older, you’re less inclined to want the option of digging yourself out of a snowplow drift or wait for help in an emergency. I’m sorry, older people in snow ctry have a greater need for awd IMO.

Let me suggest you try a new 2010 legacy sedan awd 6 cyl. Roomy and as quiet as the Camry and efficient according to CR. You know what they’re like in snow.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ConsumerReportsSnapshot.aspx?year=2010&make=Subaru&model=Legacy