Nissan Sentra ECM replacement

Yes, Thank you so much for responding to my question. My girlfriend just bought the $600 part from Nissan and is expecting me to get the car up and running so she can go on a road trip for her work. The pressure is on.

I know from playing with a generic code reader for 45minutes, that the ECM (CPU) has faulty "Read Only Memory" (ROM) (error 'Po605' twice). Also having that much trouble getting a Code reader to communicate with the car indicates a problem with the ECM, and the car is giving all the other semi-mechanical symptoms of an ECM that works intermittently or not at all. Also Nissan performed the recall to "Reprogram" it a few months ago. (it has been giving us trouble ever since, now it doesn't work at all, and Nissan refuses responsibility.)

If sitting in the driver's seat and looking at the wheel, there is a computer-looking box located behind the steering wheel on the right hand side (in dash behind your right hand). (From what I can see after removing the center panel) from under the steering column,  The box has two wire harnesses connecting to the bottom end of the metal box. The box is about the size of my hand.

Is this box the ECM?

P.S., when I disconnect the two wire harness with the battery still connected, the car alarm sounds off. and The dealership she bought the part from said we would need to tow the car back after I do the repairs to sync the alarm and power locks and keys.

Thank you so much for your time and knowledge. -Ty