Iliana's Parking Fixation

This is to help Mr. Right parallel park with style, perfectly, every time! The day I turned 16 years of age, I went to the West Virginia State Police Barracks near my home to take the Driving Test, to obtain my license. I passed everything with flying colors, including the entire driving test with a State Trooper in the passenger seat. Everything, that is, except the parallel parking test, which required parking between two big orange-painted 55-gallon drums. My first try was a miserable failure. The trooper said, “I’ll bet your mother taught you how to park that way, right?” Yes, sir. “OK, Here’s the way REAL MEN do it!” he exclaimed. He proceeded to show me the “45-degree-straight-back-in” method, turning the wheel hard left only after the right rear wheel was very near the curb. I tried it. The car ended up 1/4" from the curb, exactly in the center of the parking space! Wow! “Excellent,” he cried, and I had my new license in no time! OK, Mr. Right, fear performance failure no more! Go for it, and join the ranks of us REAL MEN who parallel park with STYLE!