How to change spark plugs - 2003 Chevy Impala

This job is - without question - a PITA for DIY. Depending on what kinds of things need to be done (e.g. actually moving the engine or removing alternator bracket) it is really difficult w/out the car on a lift.

The front plugs should be incredibly easy - the back three are the problem. Unless you have access to a lift, I would think twice. I did the plugs in my Caravan (w/out having to remove any parts), but was sore for about a week from the gymnastics I had to do - going up behind the engine from under the car. It is also the case that I really have little idea of how much crud fell into the cylinder - I blew things out as best I could but wasn’t even able to see what I was doing - all by feel.

At the very least, if you do decide to do it (like in your driveway with ramps or stands) leave a lot of time and take your time; a look at a shop manual wouldn’t hurt; pick up some extra advil for the muscle aches and other things; install 100K mile rated plugs so that you likely never have to do it again.