2003 Honda Accord 4 cylinder timing belt

This car has 40k miles and while getting supplies to do oil change I asked to price a timing belt. The parts house said this was not availble. Is this a dealer item or does it have a timing chain?

Thanks

NH

it has a belt, and any place like napa, o reillys, autozone, and anyone else like that should have it.

This was an autozone that I went to, we tryed all Honda Accord Models with 4 cylinder(LX, ES and whatever the rest are) and they showed product not availible. I will check with another store.
Is this belt a pain to change?
KH

They do seem to be available:

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=1631+4294967162+4294963513+9318

I’m sure the dealer also has them.

not really

The 2003 Honda Accord 4-cyl has a CHAIN.

The 2003 Honda Accord 6-cyl has a BELT.

Gates does not list a timing belt for this engine. I believe Honda switched to a timing chain a few years ago, in which case you don’t have to worry about replacing it.

Read your owner’s manual. If there is a belt to be replaced, the manual will tell you when it needs replacement. If the manual does not mention a belt, there isn’t one.

Exactly.

As with so many issues, the Owner’s Manual and/or the Maintenance Schedule will prove to be the ultimate source of information on this point. If you have a timing belt, its replacement will be listed at a specific mileage (60k? 90k? 105k?). If replacement of a timing belt is not mentioned anywhere, that is your best indication that this engine has a timing chain.

Is this belt a pain to change?

It depends on how big your arms are. There is so little room between the engine and the side wall that there are places my forearm can’t get through. The belt on my wifes Accord is a LOT harder to replace then the one on my Pathfinder…A LOT HARDER.