Camry Engine Repalcement?

I am looking for engine replacement estimates for 1999 Toyota Camry 2.2 engine (4 cylinders ).

1. Will the labor hours remains same for used or reman engines?

2. What will be the variation?

3. What is price range for used, Reman engines?

Some of you have done such replacement. Do you mind, sharing the actual?

Thanks for sharing.

Chilton labor times . . .

replace short block 14.6hrs, includes transferring parts

And I’m pretty sure 14.6hrs is the time for installing a rebuilt engine, not a used engine. So the time for you may very well be higher, especially if the used engine is still in the “donor” vehicle

Aren’t you the same guy with the 1999 Camry 4 banger with the timing belt that failed or jumped a tooth . . . ?

If you don’t mind me asking, have you definitively reached the point, where you are pretty sure your engine is toast?

I’m still a bit curious about whether that engine is even needed due to the missing details in your other post about this problem.

Unless there was some issue such as never changing the oil, running it out of oil, or severe overheating was involved it’s difficult to see a 90k miles Camry engine turned to junk.

I hope the Op is going to get a second opinion about the real problem with the original engine.
90.000 miles is way too soon for normal wear and tear.

Unless you’re my nephew.

Yosemite

Make mine another expression of curiosity about the current engine.
I too recommend being absolutely certain you actually need a new motor before diving in.

Guys, heads up . . .

This is the same guy that asked the question about the Camry with the jumped timing belt

These vintage Camry motors were prone to being sludgers despite its aura of the “perfect” car.