Yaris Rush

Otterhere, like with women, there are very few perfect 10s in cars; but there are many that come close. Car buying is part fact-based and part faith-based. One intial drive may convince you some car is perfect for you, but there maybe some items like seats or visibility that will drive you crazy in the long term.

This is why the car salesman will likely confuse you; his physiology and financial needs are substantially different from yours! And most car salesmen have little empathy.

I would rent the car I think most of for a weekend at the reduced rate and put some city and highway miles on it. If you can borrow the car from a friend, so much the better. If the Yaris and Fit were the only cars in the world, you would love either one; I really think you have too much choice here.

The Yaris is a good car, but I would not buy one for my wife, since she will hate the center mounted instruments and the poor visibility. To some, these may not be issues. My wife is currently perfectly happy with her Nissan Sentra.

I did a considerable amount of product planning and market research in the past. In most cases we made a list of product attributes, and put a weight on them in terms of importance. A suitable new product specification could be arrived at from our research, which then led to a prototype.

You may list fuel economy, styling, reliability, road noise level, visibility, luggage capacity, seat comfort, performance, handling, road holding, traction on ice, etc. as key items. In each case you would list the minimum acceptable level for you.

I advise a lot of drivers on car purchases, and the ones who list their needs seperately from their wants (or what they think are their wants) and then buy the car that comes closest are the happiest.

One of my friend’s wife live East of the Rocky Mountains, and has 2 married children on the West coast. She is 5’ tall and wanted a vehicle that could cross the Rockies in comfort in any kind of weather all year long. I recommended a Honda CRV or a Subaru Forester. She drove both and picked the Forester, drove it 6 years, loved it, and then bought another new Forester because of her past experience.

The posters on this forum have your interest at heart, but the best car for you could be a Fit, but you seem to object to the boxy look. You have to list appearance as a criteria, and then put a weight on it. This type of thing is very personal. Richard Burton loved Elizabeth Taylor most when she was FAT!