Wrong Oil---Do I need to do anything?

Whenever this controversy appears I am compelled to look into what the automobile industry recommends in warmer climates

And the UAE has outlawed oil changes before 10,000 km.

Geez, is nothing legal over there anymore except stoning people? They’d have to catch me first. Thanks Rao, but I think I’ll continue using my 0-20 synthetic. Multi-grade oils are becoming more popular? Really? Last time I went looking for straight 30 for my lawn mower, all they had was from Venezuela.

WallMart near me carries Castrol and Valvoline 30w. I just bought a quart this weekend for an old lawnmower I still have at one of my duplexes.

That gulfnews article had no references to actual manufacturer’s, therefore carries no more weight than a random internet forum post IMHO.
50 weight oil probably made sense in the Middle East 30 years ago.

It’s Been A Loooong Time Since I Worked At A Little Airport While In High School…
…but do I remember correctly that when we’d get the planes with radial engines (like a Beech-18) that we’d pour in oil (gallon metal cans) of straight 50w or 60w Texaco oil?

Did you ever see those old radial engines smoke (some cylinders pointed downward) on start-up after parking a while? It wasn’t very reassuring just before you were boarding the flight. :neutral:
CSA

I wouldn’t even go back to them for tires. The guy couldn’t read the oil cap that specifically said 2W-20? I hope you personally saw them pouring in 0W-20.

Re pouring the oil in, Roger124, there certainly are a great many shops that have a barrel of oil connected to the pump and plumbed out to the service bays and the barrel label indicates some preferred/recommended grade of oil but the contents are something different. A local bulk oil dealer fills customers barrels with whatever they ask for and are not concered with the brand or grade stenciled on the barrel.