Work car or not?

And by transmission services do you mean dropping that pan and changing the filter? The accord just got its fluid changed (I was told they pumped it out and replaced but not flushed with other chemical additives).

Yup, thatā€™s exactly what I meant

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input.

The insurance on your F150 will drop dramatically when it is no longer used for commuting. When you find a commuter car you like, call your auto insurer, give them the VIN, and ask you much they will charge annually. If you think it is high, as which cars would cost less. In the meantime, you might ask them how much you will save be making the F150 a weekend only truck driving it on the weekends or every other weekend wonā€™t be a problem.

Color me skeptical, you drive the truck more than the Honda accord because it is quieter and more comfortable so you are thinking to add a Kia Rio to put the miles on??? Who is going to be forced to drive that?

1 Like

We drove the kiaā€¦even the wife admitted it was quieter than the accord. The accord may last forever but youā€™ll be deaf by then. The semi I drive is quieter than the accord. Iā€™m not joking. Decibel meter app on phone confirms it. Even with Michelin defender tires. Last honda we will own. I used to drive a 1980 c 10 chevy with 3 on the tree to work. Iā€™m not hard to please. But when I go on a long trip I like to be comfortable.

I did that, but I had a 100 mile daily commute and the gas was killing me. I bought a new Saturn for commuting and used the truck for weekend chores. I still have the truck, but sold the Saturn after I retired. It had 275k miles on it when I sold it. It was very cost effective for me.

But now, I kinds wish I could justify a new truck, I like that new Tacoma.

Me too. And I seriously considered getting one. But if I had one I probably wouldnā€™t be able to do much with it anyway, what with my health issues. No point being able to haul serious loads when I canā€™t even carry a gallon of milk.

I put a lot of miles on our minivan. I thought about getting an econobox to run around town, but when I calculated license, insurance, and upkeep, it was less expensive to rack up the miles on the minivan. Some years back, I stmbled onto a used battery powered Citicar at a good price. Even then, my calculations didnā€™t indicate that I would save very much. I did once calculate that I could save money if I had a Mazda Miata to drive as a 3rd vehicle, but Mrs. Triedaq reviewed my figures and found all kinds of miscalculations.

2 Likes