Wont start

i have a 2000 ford explorer turns over but will not start have no power to the fuel pump have power at the relay but i think in the wrong spot which wire should be hot with the key off and with key on

First try swapping the fuel pump relay with another relay with the same number. If that gets the engine started replace the relay. If it doesn’t, then the fuel pump might be bad. One way to determine that is bang on the bottom of the fuel tank with a rubber mallet. If that doesn’t work, then it’s time to check the wiring.

Tester

it has a new fuel pump and already swapped relays

Okay. Check fuse #9,20 amp located at the battery junction box on the left side of the engine compartment at the fender apron.

Also make sure the intertia switch for the fuel pump hasn’t tripped. This is located behind the right side kick panel.

Tester

already checked the fuse and the intertia switch both ok

It sounds like there is more to the story than you’ve told. I’m having trouble with figuring out how the power can be in the wrong spot at the relay. If you have power at the relay and the relay, fuse, and inertia switch are all good then - as Tester said - its time to start checking wiring.

Did you just finish replacing the fuel pump for the very same problem that you now continue to have?

Okay. All these components are in the same box.

Fuse #10/30amp/always hot supplies voltage to the PCM power relay secondary contacts, which supplies voltage to the fuel pump relay primary contacts. The PCM controls the primary voltage to the PCM power relay. In this circuit there’s a PCM power diode.

Once the PCM power relay contacts close, this powers the the primary side of the fuel pump relay which pull’s it’s contacts closed, and power is supplied to the fuel pump from fuse #9/20 amp/hot all the time.

So the fuse #10/30 amp could be blown, the PCM power relay could be bad, or the PCM power diode could be bad.

Tester

Does this vehicle have PATS, and if so, what is the light doing when you crank it?

where can i get a good wiring diagram

For the wiring diagram, go to the Auto Zone.com web site, register your vehicle, come back here, and click on this url: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?chapterTitle=Starting+System++2000&partName=Wiring+Diagrams&pageId=0900c152801de850&partId=0900c152801dc947 Let us know if you have a problem with getting the diagram.