Won 2011 GMC Acadia Denali. Must sell

That’s stupendous. And surprising, after all the stories and jokes about car salesmen. Maybe that’s just used-car salesmen.

Funny that you mention it. Many years ago, I managed a consumer relations department for a food mfr. A market research firm had done a study showing that a customer satisfied with the treatment when there’s a problem tells three people; one who is dissatisfied with the resolution tells 7 or 8. I have no idea whether those numbers still hold. Beside, a food product purchase is not on the same scale as a vehicle purchase.

I’ll keep your statement in mind. Thank you.

This day and age, reputation is quite important, though some reputation has outlived itself; i.e. Volvo being the safest cars on the road or domestic brand vehicles are utter crap. And with them being on commission, they should be more than willing to help out, in case you want to point a friend or three in their direction for their new cars.

Didn’t you get enough answers with your first thread?? Just tell the dealer that’s arranging delivery you just want the cash value, not the car…They will work something out…

If you have a choice of color, the vehicle has not been built yet…Tell the sweepstakes administrator to just write you check for the cash value instead…

“As to cash option, the lawyer told me no, it’s specifically excluded in the “rules.” The givers have the option of offering cash instead and I can ask if they’ll do that, but they are not required.” But they almost certainly will…Just ask for the CASH…Why are you beating yourself up??

I hope some of you come back, as I’d like a little input. Here’s the latest. The particular car I won has a sticker price of $50,350 (it’s got a bunch of options, taking it up from the AWD model’s starting sticker price of $44,250). The dealer who is buying back from me said yesterday he’ll give me $37,000. Last week, he used $40,000 in conversation, saying it wasn’t exact, but I’d get about that. In discussing $37M, he explained, according to the best of my note-taking ability, that, as it will be a “used” car due to my having had title for a few minutes, he can’t get incentives for 5 years and a $3800 rebate is lost (I don’t know what this means, never having bought a car).

My question is whether $37,000 is good for a current used-not-driven car. Yes, it’s excellent considering that I won it, but I kinda had $39 in mind because he spoke of $40 last week. Of course I won’t refuse $37, but I’m thinking of asking him to do a little better when he calls back (today, I expect!) .

$37K seems “in the ballgame” to me. To disturbing the peace; see your inbox for more specific response.

Yup, Uncle Turbo, I saw your more-detailed message first and left another for you.

More than I wanted to wait for more “votes” and more back-and-forth in my head, I needed to talk with the dealer, make arrangements and move on with some cash clutched in my tiny fists. I pitched well for a rookie (sheesh, did I really say that?) who knows that $37,000 just for showing up is very nice. I did ask for mor, but the dealer’s reasons for “No” made sense and were no surprise. I am relaxed and smiling.

My thanks to all for your input from the beginning. I hope you all win cars.

Well, here’s the thing.
When he turns around and sells it, He’s going to put that $47k price tag right back on it, and make a heck of a lot of profit off of the vehicle.

What you SHOULD do, is call around to all the various other dealers in your area, and see what they will offer you for the truck. Get a bidding war going on for it, and I can guarantee you will get much more money for it, probably even in the low 40’s range.

Or, the other thing, is that you tell the dealer you want them to sell it on consignment.
This will get you even more money, and still get them a healthy additional level of profit on the vehicle.

Remember, they are making profit off of this vehicle several times.
First, selling it to the company that you won it from.
Then buying it back from you for less than it’s worth.
And then finally, when they sell it to its next owner.

Call your other dealers. I can guarantee you will get more money for it, even after putting on several miles from dealer 1 to dealer 2.

BC.