With Direct Injection a Reality. Why dont we bring BACK the Two-Stroke Engine? Might be time?

“As I said, commercial equipment is available and nothing else”. [In reference to lawn mowing equipment]
I sometimes think commercial label is applied to almost anything. I purchased a. Eureka vacuum cleaner in 1977. Thirty years later it developed a hole in the bellows of the bag assembly. I trotted off to a vacuum cleaner store and the store had the part in its inventory. I was really pleased and complimented the proprietor for keeping a good supply of parts. He said " Let me show you something ". He showed a brand new vacuum cleaner that looked identical to mine except it said “Commercial” on the motor housing. I asked what the difference was between my vacuum and the new one. “The label”, he replied.
GMC advertises its pickup trucks as " Professional Grade ". Are the equivalent Chevrolet trucks not suitable for the professional?

Commmercial, professional grade etc are all nice terms to get a potential buyer. Some companies respect the title…some don’t. How about the new f150 with " military grade" aluminum. Makes you think you are getting something special. Next, restaurants will advertise meals as MREs to entice the survivalist attitude.

speaking of commercial grade and other terminology . . .

My neighbor has a 2005 GMC 1500 Sierra. Cloth seats, power everything, 4.8 V8, extended cab, short bed. It has the midlevel stereo, and he’s got the regular stamped steel rims, with that silly “chrome plating” which was also a factory option

A pretty nice truck, actually, and he bought it used.

Anyways, he’s 100% convinced it was originally ordered as some sort of a “fleet” truck because his cluster has a digital hourmeter

We have real fleet trucks, where I work, and his truck is 10 times nicer than anything I work on over there. I didn’t have the heart to tell him he’s dead wrong

I think a real fleet truck only has a wiper on the driver’s side. On the Ford pickup trucks through about 1952, a passenger side windshield wiper was an option. Of course, many fleet vehicles back then did not have a passenger side sunvisor. Professional passengers did not have to see in the rain and weren’t against squinting when the sun came out.